One of the more underrated features of Webex is the Webex Assistant. And I wanted to take some time to discuss what it is, what it does and what it can for you and your meeting experience.
What is the Webex Assistant? It is an AI-powered assistant makes your meetings more productive, and your time better spent. It is is an intelligent, interactive virtual assistant that makes meetings and webinars searchable, actionable, and more productive. And it comes free with a Webex Plan.
What does it do? You can ask Webex Assistant to follow up on action items, take note of important decisions, and highlight key moments during a meeting or webinar. Here are some highlights:
- Get a post-meeting transcript by recording your meeting or webinar – If you’re the host, you can get a transcript of the meeting or webinar if you record the meeting in the cloud. The transcript will be available on your Webex site after the meeting or webinar. You can play audio clips of the transcript, download it, make edits, and share it with others.
- Use Webex Assistant voice commands and keywords during a meeting or webinar – At any point during the meeting, you can switch the Webex Assistant on to enable AI note-taking capabilities. Automatic note taking means that meeting and webinar highlights are captured, so you can spend less time managing the meeting or webinar and more time focused on the outcomes. Highlights are the most salient points or important moments of the meeting and webinar. Interactive voice commands and keyword phrases automatically capture important moments, making meetings and webinars more actionable. Some common voice commands are (starting with “Ok, Webex”, very much like “Ok, Siri” or “Ok, Alexa”)
- Ok, Webex, create an action item
- Ok, Webex, create an agenda
- Ok, Webex, schedule a meeting for May 19th at 3pm
- Ok, Webex, create a task
- Webex Assistant for Webex Rooms – Cisco Webex Assistant for Webex Rooms empowers people to naturally engage with a meeting space by using their voice to accomplish a range of tasks including joining a scheduled meeting, call by name, check when the room is available and more
What can it do for you? It can ensure you’re staying engaged even in a noisy office or public space by turning on closed captioning. It can save time by automatically sending highlights, recording and transcripts to meeting participants. It can keep your team on track by providing fast follow up items and help maintain accountability using action items.
Watch this video to see Webex Assistant in action and contact INW today to learn more about Webex.